Airey Taylor Consulting are sought out for our expertise in this area. We are one of Western Australia’s pre-eminent providers in these investigations, and have a large client base including tier 1 and 2 Law firms, government instrumentalities such as Building Management and Works (BMW), Insurers, construction companies and high value property owners.
We have an established history in the survey and remediation of corrosion damaged structures, and in the design of life extension remedial measures and design of new structures for longevity. Crossover coverage for Structural and Civil aspects on the project can be obtained in–house, delivering efficiency to the client.
We offer environmental analysis including water, air and soil assessment and monitoring; emissions surveying; soil testing and contamination assessments; investigation into causes of concrete deterioration; high level analysis of large and small-scale building dilapidation and provision of scope of works for extensive remediation and renovation.
Our Materials Science division has been responsible for identifying deterioration mechanisms ranging from industrial corrosion caused by sulphuric acid condensation; metal fatigue in vehicular trailers and sifters; damage from piling and seismic shocks; and the actions of microbial organisms.
Recent specialist projects completed include :
- Swimming Pool durability assessments for major private and public aquatic facilities
- Roof core surveys for durability on major skyscraper and multi-storey concrete structures
- Petrographic investigations of concrete – an extremely useful service for building remediation
- Roof inspections following major weather events
- Waterproofing, dampness and mould investigations including for heritage listed structures
- Asbestos identification
- Dilapidation surveys and structural defect identification for public and private clients
- Rope surveys of large scale structures
- Chemical investigations of plasters and render materials
- Expert witness testimony in legal disputes (see also our Forensic Engineering capacity)
- Investigation of accelerated ultraviolet decay of vinyl sheeting
- Unknown materials identification using X-ray diffraction analysis services and other techniques
- Invasive wireties investigation of brickwork for public and private facilities
Please note that as many of our projects in this field are of a sensitive nature, please contact us direct to discuss your requirements.